[vtkusers] How to get a fixed number of vertices after decimation in VTK

jhirsch jan.hirsch at st.ovgu.de
Fri Apr 1 08:44:06 EDT 2016

Hello,
I've also experienced the same effect with the decimationPro algorithm, that
it is not possible to determine the exact number of points. I guess that's
an inherent property of the process...

And with the second option, we are in the same situation. ;) As far as I
know, the conncetion between the points is lost. You got only a point cloud,
maybe with the scalar information attachted to it.
My next step is to make this point cloud a mesh again...maybe
vtkMarchingCubes can do that.