[vtkusers] HPCWire Reader's Choice Awards. Please vote for VTK!

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Sep 11 10:51:29 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

VTK have been nominated for HPCWire Reader's Choice Awards in the category
of visualization:

http://www.hpcwire.com/2015-hpcwire-readers-choice-awards/

We would really appreciate your support and your vote this year.

2015 has been a year of major advancement for VTK in the area of HPC.

The most notable efforts towards next generation computing is VTK-m (
http://m.vtk.org/). This emerging effort, which significantly improves our
ability to compute on GPUs and massively multi-core CPUs, will be our main
infrastructure to support next generation supercomputers such as the
upcoming Cori, Trinity, Summit, Sierra and Aurora, all of which feature
massive parallelism through the use of GPUs of Intel Xeon Phi processors.

We have also a number of other efforts, including vtkSMP, which aims to
introduces multi-threaded parallelism and together with VTK-m help us close
any performance holds on multi-core systems, Intel IPCC with TACC which
focuses on better leveraging vector units on CPUs and last but not least
our next generation OpenGL efforts which focus on significant rendering
improvements on modern GPUs as well as Intel's upcoming OpenSWR software
rendering library.

As these technologies mature and are deployed over the next few months,
expect major performance boost in VTK and ParaView.

Thank you for your support.
Berk for the VTK team