[vtkusers] VTK + OpenHaptics interface

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Fri Sep 4 03:41:27 EDT 2015

Kavya,

Please reply to the list so anyone can contribute.

I use only the vtk and the openHaptics libs. I wrote a simple pipeline
and use a TimerEvent to pull the data from the device at regular
intervals. I have two different threads to deal with the visual feedback
and the force feedback (the visual threads is to slow for the force
feedback). So I don't use the run time loop of the openHaptics libs. I
usethe openHaptics libs only to pull/push the position/force state of
the device.

Hope this is more clear.
Felipe

Le 03/09/2015 18:34, Kavya Jain a écrit :
> Hello Felipe,
>
> Thank you for sharing it. Could you please provide me some details on
whether you have used any additional libraries to achieve this or
partial modification of openHaptics\VTK code?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq1lgHpxb9k).
>     I use only vtk and OpenHaptics toolkit for this particular
application. But also I have other interfaces (wiimote/alsa
midicontroler) you can watch my videos on youtube.

<mailto:kavyabellur.4 at gmail.com>> a écrit :

>>     Hi Everyone,
>>
>>     I am working on interfacing Phantom Omni device with VTK using
OpenHaptics toolkit.
>>     If anyone working on similar topic, could you please share some
info on whether any additional library used?

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

>>     Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:

>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

- --
Felipe Bordeu Weldt
Ingénieur de Recherche