[vtkusers] Starting with Qt+VTK

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Fri Oct 30 09:54:32 EDT 2015

Hi Lays,

There are some VTK examples that show how to set up simple Qt applications
using QVTKWidget here [1].  Generally I subclass QMainWindow as shown in
this example [2] rather than subclassing QVTKWidget.

Also, if you are writing a new application, I would recommend using
QVTKWidget2 rather than QVTKWidget since the latter is deprecated in VTK
master.  I think it should be fairly close to a drop-in replacement, but
others on the list will know more about that than me.

HTH,
Shawn

[1]: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx#Qt

[2]: