[vtkusers] Rendering multiple volumes

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Oct 29 15:25:39 EDT 2015

Do you mean that the volumes overlap in 3D space, or just overlap in image
space? If the volumes overlap in image space (two disjoint volumes where
sometimes one is in front of the other) VTK does render this correctly (you
need to turn back to front rendering on in the culler in the renderer). It
is true that VTK does not correctly handle volumes that overlap in 3D
space, unless they are aligned and part of the same volume (multiple
components in one vtkImageData).

Lisa