[vtkusers] Updating actor colors without manual call to Render()

Dave Edmunds david.edmunds at icr.ac.uk
Wed Nov 25 05:17:43 EST 2015

Hi all,

Currently I have a long list of actors, and I periodically update the color
of a particular actor using

double rgb[3] = ...
actors[i]->GetProperty()->SetColor(rgb)

The only way I have found so far to actually display this new color in the
render window is to manually call

renderWindow->Render()

after each color change. However, this redraws the entire scene, not just
the actor I am updating, and causes my app to become quite sluggish since
the colors can be changed interactively by the user at a fast pace.

Is there a better/more efficient way to do this?

Kind regards,

Dave