[vtkusers] About the example--vtk for iOS VolumeRender

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Nov 18 13:57:23 EST 2015

You can ignore the second error that just resulted from the fact that
reader failed to load the file. If you follow Cory's suggestion, hopefully
it will work for you.

Thanks,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
wrote:

> The VTK Nrrd reader may not be able to read compressed NRRD files. Try to
> convert it to a non-compressed NRRD file by opening it in Slicer and then
> saving it with the compression option turned off.
>
> - Cory
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 12:03 PM, 邓卓夫 <dzfowen at qq.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi developers,
>>
>>     I try to build the latest vtk for iOS example VolumeRender, compiling
>> is ok. However when I run the project with the data file CT-chest.nrrd
>> which is downloaded from 3D slicer web and converted into 8 unsigned char
>> and 256*256*130 format, the Xcode came out 2 errors:
>>
>>        *ERROR: In /Users/dzf/Desktop/VTK/IO/Image/vtkNrrdReader.cxx,
>> line 337*
>>
>> *vtkNrrdReader (0x7f9e8b821370): CT-chest.nrrd is not a nrrd file.*
>>

>> *     ERROR: In
>> /Users/dzf/Desktop/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 784*
>>
>> *vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x7f9e8b821e50): Algorithm
>> vtkNrrdReader(0x7f9e8b821370) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
>> (0x7f9e8b823530)*
>>
>> *  Debug: Off*
>>
>> *  Modified Time: 8501*
>>
>> *  Reference Count: 1*
>>
>> *  Registered Events: (none)*
>>
>> *  Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION*
>>
>> *  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0*
>>
>> *  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1*
>>

>> 1 error: why Xcode assumed that the file is not nrrd file, it is strange
>> maybe I had mistakes to convert the original nrrd file into proper one with
>> 3d Slicer?
>>

>> 2 error:I can not understand.
>>

>> Thanks for your reply!
>>

>>   Bob

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> --
> Cory Quammen
> R&D Engineer
> Kitware, Inc.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*