[vtkusers] Smart pointers and Android

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:39:00 EST 2015

Hello all,

Not running into an issue or anything but I have a question on the use of
Smart pointers with vtk for android.

While looking at the code for all the examples on Android, I noticed that
vtkSmartPointer<> are not used at all in the examples. Is there any
particular reason for that? I kind of got used to using them now and I was
wondering if their use might lead to some issues or not?

I just tried to re-implement one example using only smartpointers and I'm
not running into any issue so far but I was wondering if that was a good
idea or not.

As usual I also posted on stack overflow this exact same question so that
people can get the extra rep if they want :). You can find the post  here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33480071/vtksmartpointer-with-android>