[vtkusers] Volume Rendering Update

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri May 29 17:31:34 EDT 2015

Folks,

We made some recent improvements to VTK volume rendering including fixes to
related components. Here is a list of those changes:

1) Now new GPU Volume Mapper respect Interpolation Type (Linear or
Nearest). Default is Nearest as in the last GPU mapper.

2) Shading is now twice as fast as before. There will be another branch to
make it even faster.

3) Fixed lighting bug (number of lights kept on increasing with change in
volume property)

4) Saving and Restoring GL state properly for textures

5) Bias and Scale are now performed in Shader.

6) We changed some GL texture format information to support OpenGL 3