[vtkusers] Using QVTKWidget with QT5 on Linux

Pavel Kalinnikov pavelkalinnikov at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:31:51 EDT 2015

Hi everyone!

I have the following environment:
 * OS - x64 Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
 * Qt 5.4
 * VTK 6.2.0

I'm trying to use QVTKWidget and it seems like it doesn't work properly.
When I try to render some 3d object in this widget, I see that faces get
rendered in a wrong order (maybe there are some problems with z-buffer or
something).
The same code built on Windows works perfectly.

Also I tried to build and run the standard example Examples/GUI/Qt/Events
distributed along with VTK-6.2.0, and it has the same problem in my Linux
environment. And again, it works on Windows.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
Is there anyone who can fix this?
Is there any known workaround for this case?

Thank you,
Pavel Kalinnikov