[vtkusers] Replicate paraview cutter

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 08:20:36 EDT 2015

I have a polydata as shown in the below image
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5731200/parav_original.png>

The points of the polydata is concentrated towards the boundary. Using
paraview I have sliced the polydata in the middle. The cut section is shown
as below;

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5731200/parav_cutter.png>

As you can see, the slicing has generated additional points (parallel to
points in surface above and below?) in the cut surface. However when I use
the vtkCutter myself I only get boundary points as shown below,

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5731200/myoutput.png>

What is the process to get an output similar to the paraview one. I would
appreciate any input.
Thanks.