[vtkusers] FindPoint() giving incorrect results

Alex Malyushytsky malyushytsky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:53:12 EDT 2015

How do you know results are incorrect?

I had vtkKdTreePointLocator producing incorrect results with
FindClosestPoint (if not mistaken in 5.6.1).
Not sure was it fixed or not.
At the same time vtkPointLocator   FindClosestPoint was providing correct
result.
That was proven by brute force search of closest point (always work).

In you case it is not clear what methods you are using.
AFAIK there is no FindPoint method in any of above class.

In any case I suggest you to prove that it does not work by brute first
method first  and report the bug (if any).

Regards,
   Alex