[vtkusers] FindPoint() giving incorrect results

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:26:47 EDT 2015

I have two sets of polydata called polydata A and polydata B. I want to match
the points of polydata A to that of polydata B and get polydata output.

The polydata A points looks like the following,
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730868/smallpoly.png>

Polyadata B looks like the following
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730868/largepoly.png>

The output poydata does not gives the point locations correctly, it gives
something like the following,
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730868/outputpoly.png>

I have tried this using,

*polydataB->FindPoint(pointOfA)*

and using both *vtkPointLocator *and *vtkKdTreePointLocator*, but both gives
the same incorrect result. What should I do to avoid this problem.

Thank you.