[vtkusers] Get Patient's ID from Dicom Images

Ravi HM Ravi.HM at LntTechservices.com
Tue Mar 17 04:59:27 EDT 2015

Use GDCM or RZDCX to get the patient information from dicom image

From: vtkusers [mailto:vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org] On Behalf Of siling tan
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:55 PM
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: [vtkusers] Get Patient's ID from Dicom Images

Hi,

This is Si Ling, I would like to seek your advice on the following question.

I'm using vtkDICOMImageReader to get patient's information like name, descriptive name, studyID and studyUID, and image data. I wanted to get patient's ID. How can I do that?

vtkDICOMImageReader doesn't provide this function.

Posisble solutions:
1.     Using vtkMedicalImageReader2.
2.     Get a library to read the DICOM image's dcm file/extension.
3.     Use itk-snap.

I tried using vtkMedicalImageReader2 but I got an empty string. Is there a simple way to get patient's ID?

Thank you so much for your help.

L&T Technology Services Ltd

www.LntTechservices.com<http://www.lnttechservices.com/>

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.