[vtkusers] Overlaying contours on DICOM image

Nick Patterson pattersonnp.work at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:45:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have been using the http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOMSeries <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOMSeries> example to read a CT series. I have also been using the vtkGDCMPolyDataReader to read in structures from DICOM file. I would like to take the 2D slices from the polydata (effectively contours) and overlay them on the respective CT slice. I wondered if anyone can provide guidance on how to do this? I have tried multiple things, such as vtkPolyDataMapper2D, vtkActor2D etc, but not really making much progress.

Regards, Nick.