[vtkusers] vtk 6.1 TCL Wrapping problem

Stephan Stephan.Franke at inpro.de
Tue Jun 30 09:30:15 EDT 2015

Good day,

at the end I found the error for the missing external symbols.
Problem was that the names for the tcl prototype functions and the
declaration of the tcl_staticpackages has changed too. It is a little bit
misleading because the right definition were be generate with cmake and
provided inside the binary directory of the vtk tcl wrapping folder in two
header files.
When I searched the vtk soucre tree to find the missing symbols I ended up
in the vtktcl.c file, where the "older" name conventions still exists. I
think that this file is no longer in use, isn't it?
In my tclInit.c file, where I declare my Tcl_AppInitProc and
Tcl_StaticPackage stuff, I use the older vtk 5.x name convention for the vtk
wrapping functions, like Vtkcommontcl_init, Vtkfilteringtcl_int and so on.
In VTK 6.x the associated libraries and therefore the symbols do not exists
anymore.
Exists an instruction that show an user in which module these older ones
where integrated?
For example for VtkGraphics, which tcl_init functions from VTK 6.x I have to
use to mappe the hole functionality of the older library?
Thank you very much in advice for your support.

Best Regards,
Stephan