[vtkusers] Extract all cell within range by thresholding.

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:15:31 EDT 2015

I tried the following method to extract cells from a polydata within a range,

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkThreshold> threshold =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkThreshold>::New();
#if VTK_MAJOR_VERSION <= 5
  threshold->SetInput(polydata);
#else
  threshold->SetInputData(polydata);
#endif
  threshold->ThresholdBetween(1364623,1598476);
  threshold->SetInputArrayToProcess(0, 0, 0,
vtkDataObject::FIELD_ASSOCIATION_CELLS, "Index1");
  threshold->Update();

However both this only gives an unstructured grid which displays the outer
cells of the threshold with none of the inside cells.

How do I get all the cells within the range, and not just the crust.
Thank you.