[vtkusers] MPI application writing PVTI

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jun 3 10:33:02 EDT 2015

Hi Alejandro,

(I CCed the mailing list to share the knowledge)

(Note that you need VTK 6.2 or later for what I am about to describe.)

What you have is almost correct. You just need a way for the whole extent
information to get to the writer. So do this:

vtkNew<vtkTrivialProducer> tp;
tp->SetOutput(imageData);
tp->SetWholeExtent(0, msx-1, 0, msy-1, 0, msz-1);

writer->SetInputConnection(tp->GetOutputPort());

By the way, SetInputData() does almost exactly this except that it has no
way of setting the whole extent.

Best,
-berk