[vtkusers] 3DConnexion and VTK 6.2 Problem

Matt Ryan mattryan232 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:49:23 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I’ve been trying to get a 3D Connexion SpaceExplorer to work with my VTK application with Qt, but to no avail.

I’ve followed the instructions outlined in http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/3DConnexion_Devices_Support (instructing the QVTKWidget to listen for TDx events) and there is no response to 3D mouse movements, not in my app nor when using the app built in /Examples/GUI/Qt/Events.

My platform is Mac OSX 10.9.5 and I’m running VTK 6.2 with OpenGL2 enabled. I’m using the latest 3DConnexion driver. (I also tried a legacy driver and that didn’t work.)

Has something gone wrong with TDx support in 6.2 or with OpenGL2? (I came across this line: “Removed the TDx classes from OpenGL 2” in the 6.2 candidate release announcement: http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2015-February/090184.html)

Any insights or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Matt