[vtkusers] Camera is not updated

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Jul 28 21:48:18 EDT 2015

Jens,

Please remember to "reply-all" so that others on the list may benefit from
or contribute to the conversation.

Do you have a small code sample that reproduces the issue? This kind of
camera manipulation followed by rendering is done all the time (see [1],
for example), so I'm not sure what is going on.

Thanks,
Cory

[1]
http://www.vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Examples/Tutorial/Step3/Java/Cone3.java;h=91e003825bca66e275c22658019b6c52ef1afb75;hb=HEAD

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Jens Schmidt <jens.g.w.schmidt at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Cory,
>
> thx for your reply! Yep called render each time i changed the camera.  But
> the only time the camera did what i wanted was with the new camera object
> and setActiveCamera.
>
> Best regards
> Jens
>

> Am 27.07.2015 um 20:31 schrieb Cory Quammen:
>
>> Jens,
>>
>> Did you try calling your render window's Render() member function after
>> changing the camera properties? Rendering updates are not performed
>> automatically when you change just camera properties. This is actually
>> good
>> because it prevents too many renderings when you update more than one
>> camera property.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Cory
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Jens Schmidt <jens.g.w.schmidt at gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Everyone!
>>>
>>> VTK rocks, but we knew that allready. ^^ What rocks less is that the
>>> camera ist not automatically updated when SetPosition or SetFocalPoint
>>> are
>>> called.
>>> Btw i am using the java wrapping with SWT. VtkAbstractComponent has a
>>> reference to the active camera.
>>> Using that had no effect, as was using the renderers GetActiveCamera
>>> method.
>>> In fact i have to create a new vtkCamera, modify that an then pass it to
>>> the renderer as new active camera -> tada change on the screen.
>>> Did i do something wrong or is that how it is supposed to work?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Jens
>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ