[vtkusers] Camera is not updated

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Jul 27 14:31:56 EDT 2015

Jens,

Did you try calling your render window's Render() member function after
changing the camera properties? Rendering updates are not performed
automatically when you change just camera properties. This is actually good
because it prevents too many renderings when you update more than one
camera property.

HTH,
Cory

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Jens Schmidt <jens.g.w.schmidt at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> VTK rocks, but we knew that allready. ^^ What rocks less is that the
> camera ist not automatically updated when SetPosition or SetFocalPoint are
> called.
> Btw i am using the java wrapping with SWT. VtkAbstractComponent has a
> reference to the active camera.
> Using that had no effect, as was using the renderers GetActiveCamera
> method.
> In fact i have to create a new vtkCamera, modify that an then pass it to
> the renderer as new active camera -> tada change on the screen.
> Did i do something wrong or is that how it is supposed to work?
>
> Thank you
> Jens

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Cory Quammen