[vtkusers] Announce: vtk 6.3.0 release candidate 1 is ready
leonid_dulman at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 26 11:32:29 EDT 2015
Hi to AllI built VTK 6.3.0 in win32 with Qt 5.5.0,tcl/tk 8.6.3 and Python 2.7 and test examples. All worksBut I don't know how to built vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL-6.3.lib
Thank you. Leonid
From: Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com>
To: vtk-developers at vtk.org; vtkusers at vtk.org
Cc: Kitware Corporate Communications <comm at kitware.com>
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 10:07 PM
Subject: [vtkusers] Announce: vtk 6.3.0 release candidate 1 is ready
The VTK developement team is happy to announce that VTK 6.3 has entered
the release candidate stage!
You can find the source, data, and new vtkpython binary packages here:
Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the list or the
bug tracker so that we can try to address them before VTK 6.3.0 final.
The official release notes will be available when VTK final is released
in the next few weeks. In the meantime here is a preview:
- new OpenMP backend for vtkSMPTools;
- new MPI-IO backend for PLOT3D reader;
- new vtkPlotArea for rendering area (or range) plots;
- multithreaded Gaussian splatter class;
- multithreading support in the vtkSampleFunction;
- compiler uplifts: gcc-4.1 and Visual Studio 2008 or newer are
- the Piston and Dax accelerator modules are deprecated;
- writing side and node sets in Exodus files;
- skip NaN values in vtkDataArray::GetRange();
- reading compressed TIFF files with sub-extents;
- support for OpenGL 3.2 in the (still experimental, but much less so)
- text rendering now respects the DPI of the vtkWindow;
- vtkAxis respects the TileScale setting of vtkWindow;
And many bug fixes across the codebase.
We hope you enjoy this release of VTK! As always, contact Kitware and
the mailing lists for assistance.
Powered by www.kitware.com
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ
Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vtkusers