[vtkusers] How to open a series of Dicom image?

kmd1995 kmd1995 at sjtu.edu.cn
Wed Jul 22 23:04:47 EDT 2015

Hi all,
   I have a series of Dicom image, and I want to open them with
vtkDICOMImageReader. I've tried lots of
ways, including SetdirectoryName (which worked fine on earlier dicom images)
,using vtkImageAppend.
   When using SetdirectoryName, the extend is always(0,511,0,511,0,0) but it
should be ((0,511,0,511,0,67)).
   When using vtkImageAppend, I got image of right size but all zero,(i.e.
when I call GetScalarComponentAsDouble it returns zero whatever the position
of picture).
  Besides,when I do this

data.SetScalarComponentFromDouble(32,34,2,0,0.5)
print  data.GetScalarComponentAsDouble(32,34,2,0)

why I get 0.0?

I'm totally comfused.Looking forward for any help.Thx!

And my code

v16 = vtk.vtkDICOMImageReader()
append=vtk.vtkImageAppend()
append.SetAppendAxis(2)
readers=[0]*67

for i in range (67):
    x="F:\\SE2\\IM%d" %i
    readers[i]=vtk.vtkDICOMImageReader()
    readers[i].SetDataSpacing(1,0.8,1.2)
    readers[i].SetFileName(x)
    append.SetInputConnection(readers[i].GetOutputPort())
append.Update()
print append.GetOutput().GetExtent()