[vtkusers] Does vtkImageBlend or vtkAppendPolyData generate 3D / Volumetric representation of 2D Image Data or PolyData respectively

Neel007 sayanmaity.10 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:20:13 EDT 2015

Dear Cory,

Thank you for your quick response.

Actually I am trying to generate 3D tetrahedral mesh representation from 2D
series/stacks of binary images as a volume (binary volumetric Data).

The 2D stacks of Binary Images are shown below:

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5732836/Capture.png>

In Matlab by using iso2mesh toolbox, volume to mesh generator function can
create the 3D tetrahedral mesh representation:

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5732836/Capture1.png>

I want to reproduce the same functionality for HPC version as you know the
Matlab version is very inefficient when the stack size increase. I thin in
VTK the pipeline will be more or less:

1) Read the *.tif files.
2) Find the iso contours (The white pixels in the image stacks) in each 2d
image and generate isosurface.
3) Save them as a polydata object .vtp
4) Generate isosurface by loading the .vtp object vtk_Delaunay3D

But not sure if the pipeline is implementable or which function to use.