[vtkusers] Bugs in vtkAngleWidget

junior alok.theanomaly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:58:30 EST 2015

Hello,

I am using the vtkAngleWidget in a vtkRenderWindow and noticed a couple of
bugs.

the code goes like this

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkAngleWidget> angleWidget = vtkAngleWidget::New();
    angleWidget  ->SetInteractor(winIntr);
   angleWidget  ->SetRepresentation(angleWidgetRep);
    angleWidget  ->CreateDefaultRepresentation();

    // point1 : Vertical Axis
    double p1[3] = {0, 0, 40};
   angleWidgetRep->GetPoint1Representation()->SetWorldPosition(p1);
   angleWidgetRep->GetPoint1Representation()->SetHandleSize(0.1);
   angleWidgetRep->GetRay1()->GetPosition2Coordinate()->SetValue(p1);
   angleWidgetRep->GetRay1()->SetArrowStyleToFilled();
    angleWidgetRep->GetPoint1Representation()->DragableOff();
    angleWidgetRep->GetPoint1Representation()->PickableOff();

    // center
    double c[3] = {0, 0, 0};
    /* similar code to initialize the center/vertex point */

    angleWidget->SetWidgetStateToManipulate();
    angleWidget->Off();

and then later I set the angleWidget to On

1) I am calling  the the DragableOff() and PickableOff() methods on Point1
and Center handles since I don't want them to be user editable/draggable.
However these are still editable. Has anyone noticed this behavior or am I
doing something incorrectly?

2) When zooming in/out after the user has manipulated the widget from its
default state, all the widget members do not get zoomed in/out specifically
Point2 handle representation. So it looks disconnected to Ray 2 when zooming
in/out. This gets fixed when the handle is edited. Again, is this is a known
bug or something that I could be doing wrong

All suggestions appreciated

Thanks