[vtkusers] Render a lot of polylines

Peter Neher p.neher at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Jan 23 02:56:24 EST 2015

I thought about maybe using glyph3d. Don't know if this is faster or
even possible.

On 23.01.2015 04:17, Alex Malyushytsky wrote:
> I do not know the way to improve it.
> Placing them in different polydaty only can make it slower.
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM, Peter Neher
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     I want to render a lot of polylines. A lot here means about 50k to
>     1000k lines. Currently I use a huge polydata to render the lines,
>     but this is rather slow. Does anyone know if there is a more
>     efficient way to render such a large amount of polylines? Thank
>     you for any advice!
>
>     Cheers
>     Peter

>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
>     http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Dr. sc. hum. Peter F. Neher
Division Medical and Biological Informatics
Junior Group Medical Image Computing (MIC)

German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280
69120 Heidelberg
Germany
phone: +49 6221 42-3552
fax:      +49 6221 42-2345

p.neher at dkfz.de
http://www.dkfz.de/de/mbi/people/Peter_Neher.html

Confidentiality Note:
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may obtain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.