[vtkusers] crash because of renderevent while writing vertices

maaschn maaschn at web.de
Fri Jan 23 01:36:12 EST 2015

Hello,

i have got a process which is aquiring point data with a scanner. I am
writing this data pointwise into a polydata by using

pid[0]=_points->InsertNextPoint (point[0],point[1],point[2]);
	  _vertices->InsertNextCell(1,pid);

If I dont trigger a rerendering the process is working fine. But If I want
to observe the aquisition process and move the scene my application crashes
in the vtkCellArray because of a unvalid cell id while computing the bounds
of the object or while getting the next cell. This is only happening
sporadically after a random time.

This is a strange behaviour because i am not doing the aquisition in a
parallel thread so I dont understand why the id is not valid . Has anybody
an idea why my application crashes?