[vtkusers] Best way to store multiple vtkActors using C++

Student Life lifestudent37 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:51:25 EST 2015

Dear David Doria,

Thank you for your response.

I did some research into the* vtkAssembly* class and found that the
method, *'void
AddPart (vtkProp3D *)'* adds the part. However, it takes a *vtkProp3D*
object as its parameter, but then *vtkActor *inherits from *vtkProp3D.*
Would I be right in saying that this function would still work, as my
objects are all declared as *vtkActor *and not *vtkProp3D?*

The only sort of difficulty/concern I am having is storing more than
one *vtkActor
*in a *vtkRenderer.*

So far, I intend on implementing an actor class in C++, and then another
class called 'MultipleActors' which takes instances of the actor class and
stores it as a linked list. However, I am not sure if this is a wise thing
to do. Is there another way/data structure that I could use for storing
multiple actors into memory in C++?

Also, in regards to moving the actor independently, I want to make use of
matrices? How do I incorporate this into my actor class/VTK?

Finally, I am slightly confused about how the* vtkPolyDataMapper* works/is
incorporated with *vtkActors*? Does every *vtkActor *have its own
*vtkPolyDataMapper?* Are rotations and the mathematics behind the
*vtkPolyDataMapper?*

Thanks