[vtkusers] announce: vtk 6.2.0 release candidate 1 is ready

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:21:15 EST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the file format of
> vtkpython-6.1.0-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz ?
>
> Downloading to my OSX machine, I get this:
>
> $ gunzip  vtkpython-6.2.0.rc1-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz
> gzip: vtkpython-6.2.0.rc1-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz: not in gzip format

I suspect that your web browser was trying to be "helpful" by unzipping it
on-the-fly during the download.  Try this

tar -tf vtkpython-6.2.0.rc1-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz

If that works, then the file was automatically gunzip'ed by a poorly-behaved
web browser.

 - David