[vtkusers] announce: vtk 6.2.0 release candidate 1 is ready

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:10:10 EST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:43 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> The VTK developement team is happy to announce that VTK 6.2 has entered the
> release candidate stage!
>

> You can find the source, data, and new vtkpython binary packages here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/VTK/resources/software.html#latestcand

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the file format of
vtkpython-6.1.0-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz ?

Downloading to my OSX machine, I get this:

$ gunzip  vtkpython-6.2.0.rc1-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz
gzip: vtkpython-6.2.0.rc1-Darwin-64bit.tar.gz: not in gzip format

Best,

Matthew