[vtkusers] VTK error with building examples

Fatima Zahra El Filali felfilali at dons.usfca.edu
Wed Feb 11 00:19:37 EST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build vtk with all its examples on my mac
It looks like there is a missing header file when trying to build the
examples.
everything passes and is 'made' (using make) then it starts building the
examples and fails.

Check it out here:

*fatal error: **'vtkXMLTreeReader.h' file not found*

#include "vtkXMLTreeReader.h"

*         ^*

1 error generated.

make[2]: ***
[Examples/Infovis/Cxx/CMakeFiles/TreeLayout.dir/TreeLayout.cxx.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [Examples/Infovis/Cxx/CMakeFiles/TreeLayout.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Could you please provide some assistance ?

BTW: when I 'cmake' it without the examples, I can 'make' it without
errors, but I really need the examples because I am learning vtk for the
first time.

Thanks