[vtkusers] actor and mouse over

Totte Karlsson totte at dunescientific.com
Tue Feb 10 15:55:53 EST 2015

Hello,

I am working on objects being manipulated by 3D slider widgets. The
underlying objects being manipulated are represented by vtk cylinders.
The sliderwidget manipulates the length of the cylinder.

I would like not to have the slider widget being visible unless the user
wants it and is interacting with it, for a particular cylinder.

Ideally, since I can have many cylinder objects, if there is a simple
way to catch a 'mouse over actor event' and from there create a
'temporary' slider widget for the actual 'mouse over' object.

-tk

Totte Karlsson, Ph.D.
Dune Scientific, LLC
425-296 1980 (office)