[vtkusers] infinite/continuous grid

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Dec 29 23:07:17 EST 2015

Rakesh,

> Can't we use the vtkCharts' grid in our renderer. ?

Not to my knowledge.

You should be able to compute the number of lines you need in each
dimension based on the frustum available from
vtkCamera::GetFrustumPlanes(...). Or you could do something fancy like
place a screen-filling plane source with a custom shader that computes grid
lines based on the interpolated coordinates in the fragment shader.

Cory

> Thanks
>
> On Wednesday, December 30, 2015, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Rakesh,
>>
>> I assume you want this in a 3D render window? There is nothing that does
>> this out of the box that I know of.
>>
>> - Cory
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM, rakesh patil <prakeshofficial at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have infinite/continuous two dimensional grid along a
>>> particular plane. ? By this I mean to ask whether it is possible to
>>> display two dimensional grid, covering the entire render window, as
>>> and how
>>>
>>> 1. Window is resized,
>>> 2. Zoom operation is performed

--