[vtkusers] VTK mesh to Dicom (PACS)

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 14:28:20 EST 2015

The open source gdcm library is easy to use, either from C++ or from
python.

For a C++ example see:
http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/html/GenFakeImage_8cxx-example.html

For python there is also the pydicom library:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pydicom/

All of these make it easy to generate dicom files with arbitrary tags. What
is not always clear is what is the minimum set of tags that you need to
provide. But that may be solved by reading a template image and then
modifying all the relevant tags.

vtk also supposedly comes with a dicom writer, but I have no experience
with it.

Regards,
Dov