[vtkusers] Migrate from VTK 4.2 to 7.0, supporting functions and libraries

dieutan dennisnguy at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 17:00:59 EST 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the VTK and I'm upgrading my application which is using VTK
version 4.2 to 7.0.

I got some errors from compiling using Visual Studio C++ 2010
error C2039: 'SetGlobalAntiAliasingToNone' : is not a member of
'vtkTextProperty'
error C2039: 'SetInput' : is not a member of 'vtkPolyDataMapper'
error C2039: 'RenderTranslucentGeometry' : is not a member of 'vtkActor'
Which equivalents function to these above functions I can use from version
7.0

I notice the built libraries name changed, for example
vtkRendering.lib (version 4.2)
and a list of vtkRendering-----.lib libraries.
Which libraries should I use? Can I group the list of libraries into 1 as
vtkRendering.lib, if yes, how?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis