[vtkusers] 3D axis grid?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sun Dec 6 10:28:42 EST 2015

Hi Rick,

Are you looking for a convenience function somewhere that just
automatically adds axes to the scene? There isn't one that I know of.

If you are looking for a convenience function to get the bounds of all
visible actors in a scene, see the member function
vtkRenderer::ComputeVisiblePropBounds(double bounds[6]) [1].

HTH,
Cory

[1]
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkRenderer.html#aead36ed0d8a0c09987d42ab0ca8e2da8

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Richard Frank <rickfrank at me.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I see vtkCubeAxesActor- but is there a way to draw grid lines just in
> world space surrounding the actors in the scene?
>
> I guess like matlab's plot3d etc.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick
> Sent from my iPad