[vtkusers] axis equal for vtk?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Dec 4 14:56:30 EST 2015

Imre,

Your best bet is probably to transform the data itself rather than the user
transform of the actors.

vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransformFilter> transformFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransformFilter>::New();
transformFilter->SetTransform(axis);
transformFilter->SetInputData(<your input data>);

HTH,
Cory

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Imre Goretzki <goretzki.imre at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have data like this:
> http://i.imgur.com/CR2O8Ik.png
> and I would like to "stretch" the Z-axis to get more like a cube
> visualization.
>
> I used vtkTransform to transform the axes, but I would change the data if
> I do this. I hope you understand what I want to do, e.g. is there a
> possibility to change / stretch the ticks of a specific axis.
>
> The vtkTransform plot stretches to much:
> http://i.imgur.com/DDUW91T.png
> The data is deformed
>
> I use the vtkTransform like this:
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform> axis = vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform>::New();
> axis->Scale(1,1,10);
>
> dataActor->SetUserTransform(axis);
> outlineActor->SetUserTransform(axis);
>
> I tried using the camera with the vtkTransform, but the only thing I got
> from there, was an empty image or I had to zoom out greatly.
>
> For matlab reference, something like this:
> http://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/axis.html?refresh=true
>
> Would be nice if you could help me
>
> Imre
>

> Am 03.12.2015 um 22:20 schrieb Imre Goretzki:
>
>> Hey guys
>>
>> i'd like to ask you if there's a equivalent method for vtkRenderWindow
>> for equalizing the axis, just like MATLABs axis equal. Could vtkAxesActor
>> be helpful?
>>
>> I hope you can help
>>
>> Thanks
>> Imre