[vtkusers] axis equal for vtk?

Imre Goretzki goretzki.imre at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:48:50 EST 2015

I have data like this:
http://i.imgur.com/CR2O8Ik.png
and I would like to "stretch" the Z-axis to get more like a cube
visualization.

I used vtkTransform to transform the axes, but I would change the data
if I do this. I hope you understand what I want to do, e.g. is there a
possibility to change / stretch the ticks of a specific axis.

The vtkTransform plot stretches to much:
http://i.imgur.com/DDUW91T.png
The data is deformed

I use the vtkTransform like this:
vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform> axis = vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform>::New();
axis->Scale(1,1,10);

dataActor->SetUserTransform(axis);
outlineActor->SetUserTransform(axis);

I tried using the camera with the vtkTransform, but the only thing I got
from there, was an empty image or I had to zoom out greatly.

For matlab reference, something like this:
http://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/axis.html?refresh=true

Would be nice if you could help me

Imre