[vtkusers] Contour of 3D Exodus Data

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Dec 2 02:10:22 EST 2015

>> I am working on a data set that has multiple subdomains, ...

this is a classic textbook problem.

I would use a vtkExtractBlock(), and a vtkCompositeDataGeometryFilter() to pull all the pieces together.

blocks = vtk.vtkExtractBlock()
blocks.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort())
blocks.AddIndex(2) # first block is index 2 (starting at 0 for the multiblock dataset container)
blocks.AddIndex(3) # second block

contours.SetInputConnection(blocks.GetOutputPort())

compGF = vtk.vtkCompositeDataGeometryFilter()
compGF.SetInputConnection(contours.GetOutputPort())

contMapper.SetInputConnection(compGF.GetOutputPort())

Jean/CSCS