[vtkusers] Configure and build gccxml | ActiViz

gajo gajo.ic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:38:35 EDT 2015

Being that ActiViz compiling still takes VS2008, I doubt(ed) very much that
gccxml was updated to CastXML in the process (I could be wrong there?) so I
only used the latest gccxml repo source code to build gccxml and not CastXML
tool...however after installing it I had more problems building mummy (which
I only built partially - I had plenty of errors in projects like
tests,carsEL,suvsEL,etc... - but it seems that mummy and
Kitware.mummy.Runtime projects build just fine except they didn't copy those
builds back to the build directory, possibly due to problems building those
test projects maybe, I'm not sure?!)...unfortunately after those successes
my build of ActiViz stopped one error short
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Activiz-6-1-error-during-build-tp5733414.html
and no matter what I tried it didn't work, causing more errors to appear
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Build-ActiViz-6-2-td5733422.html ... if you
manage to build it with CastXML (or otherwise) I'd appreciate to know just
how?
I'm unsure if those errors in ActiViz build were caused by the mummy not
fully building (but I doubt it, mummy.exe builds fine, plus those mummy
Runtime dlls).
I've tried also to combine the previous pre-built 5.8.0 with VTK 6.2 but
that seems not to work, although I think I did use it that way once, I'm
guessing the code I used it with had same old references to dlls/libs which
existed back in VTK 5.8 - which reminds me - is there any specific additions
or omissions to ActiViz when building it with VTK 6.2 (or is everyhing in
VTK 6.2 just wrapped all the same and added automatically, since I seem some
examples missing in C#, and existing in CXX examples)?
TIA