[vtkusers] combine vtk

Meehan, Bernard MEEHANBT at nv.doe.gov
Thu Sep 25 21:08:02 EDT 2014

This is a python script, and I haven't actually run this
but it should work something like the following:

import glob, vtk

# get a list of VTK polydata files in your current directory
files = glob.glob("*vtp")

# create an append filter to hold your data
append = vtk.vtkAppendPolyData()

# loop over your files
for f in files:
  rdr = vtk.vtkPolyDataReader()
  rdr.SetFileName(f)
  append.AddInputData(rdr.GetData())

# make sure your data is updated
append.Update()

# write out your appended data
writer = vtk.vtkPolyDataWriter()
writer.SetFileName("big_glob_of_polydata.vtp")
writer.SetInputConnection(append.GetOutputPort())
writer.Write()