[vtkusers] Offscreen GPU Volume Rendering Mac OS X generates black images

Chris Hafey chafey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 07:32:03 EDT 2014

VTK 6.1.0
Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5
Macbook Pro 2012 Retina with nVidia GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

My program uses VTK to do off screen volume rendering of medical images.  I
suspect this is a bug in VTK and not my software because:
1) GPURenderMode works fine on Windows (both in a VM running on same Mac
and on two other Windows 7 boxes with an nVidia GPUs)
2) RayCastRenderMode works fine on Mac OS X
3) TextureRenderMode works fine on Mac OS X

I tried searching the mailing list and google and couldn't find anything.
The rendering code is about as basic as it can be - it simply sets the
color, opacity, clip planes and matrix.  Any ideas on what I might be doing
wrong or how I can debug?

Thanks

Chris Hafey