[vtkusers] Unstructured grid to structured grid?

Chris Marsh chris.marsh at usask.ca
Tue Sep 16 13:52:11 EDT 2014

Mmh thanks. I think I'll stick with the probe filter.

I've been able to get  this example working
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/InterpolateMeshOnGrid
if I have a real-world pt cloud, I'm a bit unclear how I should make the
grid.

If xll and yll are the lower x and y coordinates of an axis aligned
bounding box

size_t gridSize = 100;
    for ( size_t x = 0; x < gridSize; x++ )
    {
        for ( size_t y = 0; y < gridSize; y++ )
        {
            gridPoints->InsertNextPoint ( x+xll, y+yll, 0);
        }
    }

does not seem to produce any output.

Any suggestions?