[vtkusers] VTK/Java - Disable NativeLibrary loading inside vtkPanel/vtkCanvas

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Sep 12 18:09:30 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've just made a topic on VTK to remove the automatic loading of the native
library that use to exist inside vtkPanel and vtkCanvas. (Which could
induce quite some issue in modular large application)

But before merging it to VTK/master, I wanted your opinion specially since
it may change some behavior on your end. Specially if you were relying on
vtkPanel or vtkCanvas to load the VTK native library for you.

Instead, you will have to do it in your main by calling something like

  static {
      vtkNativeLibrary.LoadAllNativeLibraries();
   }

The topic can be found here:
=> http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/4660/

I'm targeting to merge the topic by the end of next week. So please speak
up if you have something to say... ;-)

Happy VTK/Java !

Seb