[vtkusers] Assigning opacity and color to each position of vtkImageData instead of its scalar value

Mohammad Khatami mdkhatami at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:04:42 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I have a function that depends on some features (gradient magnitude, scalar
value,´ and second derivatives) returns the opacity for each voxel in my
vtkimagedataset . The problem is when I read my file using
vtkXMLImageDataReader I know how to assign opacity using just scalar value
of the data, but don't know how to assign my customized opacity which is
depends on different feature. In other words what is the best way to
visualize vtkImageData by assigning color and opacity to each position of
data instead of the scalar value of the data. For example I want to set as
follow:
position[23][10][21]->assignColor(1,1,1)
position[23][11][21]->assignColor(1,0,1)
position[23][12][21]->assignColor(1,1,0)
.
.
.
Or
position[23][10][21]->assignOpacity(0.4)

All the best,
Mohammad