[vtkusers] Integrate VTK6.1 in QT5.3 in Visual Studio 2013

Tankard emptytanka at web.de
Fri Sep 5 09:20:59 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to use the QVTKWidget to display 3D data inside a QT-GUI. I
installed QT 5.3 and compiled VTK using CMake for Visual Studio 2013. I used
the msvc_opengl version of QT. After installing VTK6.1, I copied the
QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll from VTK\plugins\designer to
Qt\5.3\msvc2013_opengl\plugins\designer.

I created a new QTApplication (using the wizzard) and added all dependencies
to the project setting. At this point, the project worked. Then I used the
QT Designer to add a QVTKWidget. After that, the project stoped working.

In debug, I get the error:
QWidget: Must construct a QApplication before a QWidget
when the QVTKWidget is constructed.

In release, I get a different error:
Exception at 0x52724A0D (vtkGUISupportQt-6.1.dll) in ParcelChecker.exe:
0xC0000005: access violation while reading position 0x00000000
and the vtkOutputWindow says: "Error: no override found for
'vtkRenderWindow'".

I have not a single line of self written code. I use Visual Studio 2013 and
Windows 8.1 64bit.

Is the use of QVTKWidget the right way to display vtk-data inside a qt-gui,
or are there other (better) ways to do it?

Can anyone explain how I get these errors and how to fix it?

Best regards
Tankard