[vtkusers] Overhaul of the rendering subsystem in VTK: Volume Rendering update

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Oct 22 14:27:24 EDT 2014

Friends,

Some more good news on the rendering side of things. In the last few days,
we have worked on porting two more volume mappers to OpenGL2 (FixedPoint
and Bunyk) and this noon we merged that code into VTK master. This change
should not affect the code that is using the OpenGL (and not OpenGL2)
backend. We will keep an eye on the dashboards and fix any issue that we
may find. Also, we have updated the vtkSmartVolumeMapper to deal with the
OpenGL and OpenGL2 backend.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if you encounter any issues
in the current master related to this change.

Thanks,