[vtkusers] intersection of two actors

İlhan Özhamur ilhanozhamur at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 04:01:21 EDT 2014

Hi again,

> It sounds like you have three vtkActors, one for two polydata and one
> for the intersection of the polydata.

Yes you are right. We have three vtkActors, two Spheres and one for
intersection of Spheres.

> You don't say how you are moving
> the actors, but I assume you are calling the SetPosition() method on
> the actors to move them.

We move actors with using keyboard interaction. We use TrackballActor.

> If that's the case, it's important to know
> that this translation only affects the apparent position of the
> actors, not the positions of the underlying data. Hence, your
> intersection is not being updated because your polydata objects aren't
> changing.

In this case, does translation only affects apparent postion of the actors?

> Instead, you need to change the actual positions of the polydata with
> a filter such as vtkTransformPolyData. Then the output of
> vtkTransformPolyData should be set as the input to  the intersection
> filter (I assume you are using vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter) and the
> vtkMappers that feed into the actors.

So how can we use vtkTransformPolyData and keyboard interactions together?

> Hope that helps,
> Cory

Thank you for your help.