[vtkusers] intersection of two actors

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Oct 13 11:14:53 EDT 2014

It sounds like you have three vtkActors, one for two polydata and one
for the intersection of the polydata. You don't say how you are moving
the actors, but I assume you are calling the SetPosition() method on
the actors to move them. If that's the case, it's important to know
that this translation only affects the apparent position of the
actors, not the positions of the underlying data. Hence, your
intersection is not being updated because your polydata objects aren't
changing.

Instead, you need to change the actual positions of the polydata with
a filter such as vtkTransformPolyData. Then the output of
vtkTransformPolyData should be set as the input to  the intersection
filter (I assume you are using vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter) and the
vtkMappers that feed into the actors.

Hope that helps,
Cory