[vtkusers] Rendering performance of vtkAssembly

Sid Murthy sid.murthy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 19:38:25 EDT 2014

I combined the 3 parts' polydata with vtkAppendPolydata and got rid of the
vtkAssembly which helps with performance but that leads me to another issue
with texturing:

One of the three cylinders of the previous assembly had a texture applied
to it. Combining the polydata and applying texture applies the image to the
entire cylinder rather than the smaller section.

Given a Cylinder - Is there a way to apply a texture to only a portion of
it's surface -- for example the bottom half?